Finding the perfect wedding venue in Virginia can be exhausting..not to mention time consuming. There are so many things to consider, and each manager is eager to attract you to their venue. So how do you turn your hunt into something manageable and pick the venue that’s right for you?
- A check list of ‘must have’ and ‘nice to have’ factors is a good start. Here’s our guide to whittling the contenders down:
- Proximity counts. You don’t want to travel more than thirty minutes or so from your ceremony to reception, especially if there’s a chance that the weather will be bad.
- Location counts as well. If your reception venue is out of town, make sure that it has decent roads. Narrow roads can cause havoc if you want to organize coaches or limos for your guests.
- Establish right at the start if you need your venue to offer overnight accommodations or if there are suitable hotels nearby.
- Check everything that’s important to you – size, style, dancing space, restroom facilities and so on. Don’t be afraid to take notes and ask if you can take some photos with your phone so that you can think things through later.
- Always get a detailed quote. Check on the cost of drinks, room hire and food and always ask if you think anything’s been left out. You don’t want to have to deal with added extras afterward.
If you’re still looking for a wedding venue in Virginia, please check out our list of recommended locales by clicking here.
If you have any tips on finding the right venue for your wedding day, we’d love to hear them